1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Strange Problem with Exmark: Cut blades on, engine turns off...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Fubba, Nov 19, 2007.

1. dvblandscaping

dvblandscaping LawnSite Member

i had a problem like that once as well. it was the coil pack.
  2. shopmanual

shopmanual LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I've had the same problems on larger mowers like that, only in my case the blades won't turn on. Often times it's a bad charging system or a bad battery. It was kinda a coincidence that all the mowers I had that problem with were running the kohler commander engines, which are nice, but all seem to have some sort of charging issue.
  3. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any more information on the "tilt switch" I posted earlier about a problem that is very similar to this.

I need to pay attention to the position of where the key is next time I start it, which could also be the problem...
  4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Mac. I see your from Wilbraham. Our routes may be close. Whats the name of your company. Maybe I've seen you around before.
  5. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

im small, and not an LLC, I just registured this year and graduating UMass in the spring, been doing part time for 5 or so years, and am going full time this spring... I also work for another company in this area that is all construction.

I read your posts and would guess you drive a white superduty or older green ram?
  6. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I had same thing happen to me sprayed it with wd40 and wotrked fine rest of day changed it next day
  7. bruno_rs

bruno_rs LawnSite Member

i had a similar problem with my zt219 kawi... turned out to be a bad ignition switch. too bad i didn't know of lawnsite then, as it took me ALL DAY to figure it out. gotta love this site... it's nice to know you all are out there and so willing to throw in your expertise, experiences and/or ideas. have a good one.