Strange remark from a fellow LCO??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeKle, Jun 6, 2010.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I stopped at a gas station to put air in a trailer tire, went in the store to get change and came back out and there was another truck and trailer parked right next to me, the guy says, Are you Mike klein, I say, yeah, how do you know me? He goes on to say he went to school with my younger sister, and he knew I had a silver dodge. He had two flat trailer tires as well. So we get to talking, and comparing mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc. He loved my HUGE ferris with the custom air filter set up. He had a old toro WB and 2 cub cadet WBs, he said he only had 13 yards total, but he had 2 employees with him? I asked him how many he did today, he said they got 5 done, and acted like that was a big deal? All 3 were worn out and sweating like crazy too??? So I am taking off and ask him if he has any more yards to get done tonight, and he said, well, thats confidential, but I will be working all weekend. He was serious too!!!??? I still cant figure out what he meant by being confidential? I told him I had 3 more to do. Anyone want to take a guess?

2. Fireguy97

Fireguy97 LawnSite Senior Member

If I was that slow and out of shape. I wouldn't want to tell you either!! lol!

Mick

3. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

He really hasn't got a clue what he's doing and just trying to act like he's someone important. I wouldn't put much thought into it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jasonnau

His whole weekend probably consists of a 5 yard mulch job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MikeKle

He was also telling me he had to keep another job for the winter, but how could anyone survive on 13 yards during the spring and summer anyway? Well, maybe they are all huge $500. properties?

6. jasonnau

With two employees to boot. They must be pretty big yards!!!!

7. jasonnau

I just noticed that you were in nky too. I can assure you it wasn't me!

8. jasonnau

Those people come and go by the dozens every year.

9. jasonnau

Maybe all of his yards are on Saddleridge in burlington?

10. MikeKle

Yeah, when I first saw you were from nky, I kinda got nervous it might be you I ran into earlier..awkward!! Saddleridge is that subdivision off weaver road..right? I know a guy who had a chance to bid on all the public grass areas in that subdivision. he didnt get it, but found out the guy who did is getting $75K per year for it! Where are most of your yards btw? I am mostly in erlanger, florence, ft mitchell, independence. What kind of truck and trailer do you have? trying to figure out if Ive seen you around town or not.