Strange????????????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by B&D Lawn Care, Feb 25, 2006.

1. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How sometimes you just don't think of the simplest things. I was talking w /my wife's grandma today about advertising, ya know post cards, flyers and stuff like that. When she tells me that in Atlanta people have been taking business cards, a strip magnetic tape and sticking them to mailboxes. Just a small square of tape. I could not believe that I never thought of that. It defeats having to spend money on flyers, trying to figure out where to put a flyer w/o getting in trouble plus it gives the H.O. a fridge magnet. Am I just this slow or does anyone else think this is a good idea?

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

ive seen it around here a few years ago once. dont know the legality about sticking it to a mailbox, though. maybe thats why i havent ever seen that guy mowing or anyone else try it.

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it is a good idea, cheap and efficient. You could cover alot of customers in a really short period of time, and possibly not even get out of your vehicle, as long as it is legal to stick to the mailboxes. In the northeast, many people also have metal storm doors, the magnets would stick to those as well, if customers arent home to answer the door. Anything that is cheap and efficient for advertising will be good for the business.

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

I personally wouldnt go messin with peoples mailboxes, inside or out. Im not sure of the legalities of doing such, just doesnt seem like good place for them. Its a creative idea though, I'll give ya that. Just dont think it'll work w/ mailboxes. Good Luck:drinkup:

5. B&D Lawn Care

I ain't trying to get into the whole great malbox debate. Just look at the big picture FRIDGE MAGNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The "big picture" is that It's VERY ILLEGAL to do. It is a Federal Violation to place anything IN or ON a mailbox or any part of it...including the post even.

7. B&D Lawn Care

Man some people just don't read the whole post :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

8. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow!!! lay off the caffeine :laugh: :laugh:

Yes refrigerator magnets are a good idea, along with all other forms of marketing/advertising. Useful for you and your business, well only you could understand your market and how well it would be received. I have thought about using magnets, but how to get them into the right peoples hands (potential customers) with a method that won't break the bank so to speak. See I've gotten kind of tight with my advertising dollars because in my market the results do not even come close to validating the costs. Word of mouth has probably been the best form of advertising for me to date. The magnets would be a great promotional item, but again the problem for me is the mechanics of getting them in the right hands.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yes newbie I did.....your WHOLE post is about making a "fridge magnet" business card and illegally putting it on peoples mailboxes... :eek:

10. B&D Lawn Care

OOOOOH should I be scared from your newbie statement. I don't give a rats a s s where you put it. If you read the post directly above your first ignorant post then you would see that I am not wanting to get into the whole mailbox debate!!!!!!!!!!