stranger asks to borrow my truck&trailor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Jun 4, 2004.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

This morning I was finishig up a church yard and had just loaded all my equiment up when this guy pulls up behind me and gets out of his car. He introduces himself as the Rev. so and so and said I see you cut yards. I thoght to myself cool another potental customer. He then says I see you have a truck and trailor, I say yeah have to have it for business. He then asks me if he can borrow it to move his daughter from Jax. Fla. back to Waycross, Ga. I was speechless for a second then nicely told him I dont loan out my truck. As he drove off I thought to myself now this guy has balz!! I dont care if he is the Pope he aint getting my trailor. Im a generous person usually but I did not know him from a hill of beans. Ive been asked to borrow mower weedeater and everything else but never my vehicle and trailor. Folks seize to amaze me! Have a good weekend everyone.

Danny

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO, i don't care if he was a Rev. I would have told him to go to hell!

3. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe HE was checking up on you...

4. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

"I'll sell it all to ya Rev!"

5. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

While not as funny as yours,I had a new client ask if he could borrow my pruning sheers. Like you,I was taken back a bit,but,I told him it was getting sharpened. People are crazy!

6. QualityLawnCare4u

LOL ECM be nice now (but what you said did cross my mind) Ax Man I dont think even HE would expect me to hand over my keys to a stranger, if HE did I guess I failed the test.

Danny

7. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

Had a new client call and inform me that he needed to move some beds to another house across town and wanted me to show up on Saturday...I laughed so hard, then told him, "Sorry, I'm not a mover..."I ended up canning that account 3 months later...

8. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

There is just no responce that i can think of with out saying some thing that would not go over well.

So how cute is the Revs girl, did you ask,,,,,,,,,,,LOL LMAO

bY THE WAY I NEED ANOTHER STRING FOR TUESDAY DANNY CAN I RENT YOURS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LMAO just kidding.........................:alien:

9. QualityLawnCare4u

Goodbeus, back in April I helped a client move a trailor load of plants and pool furniture, took 2 trips across town, Client then says thank you *no pay) and then tells me she cant afford me to mow her new place untill she sells her other house. Single older Mom or I would have passed. and it WONT EVER happen again!! Scag Power I would loan my equipment to another lco in an emergency if I knew them real well. You all got any rain yet? Still drought comditions here.

Danny

10. QualityLawnCare4u

LOL Scag Power, I did not even think to ask about what his daughter looked like. She was probably waaay to young for me. If shes under 35 I dont know if I could handle her.:)

Danny