1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Strangest Customer Request??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jan 5, 2004.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

For me, it occurred a few years ago. This lady asked me if I would help her move her 97 year old mother from her to chair into the bed. I remember her moaning as I attempted to move her without snapping any bones! She died 1 week later:eek:

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Must have been an important bone you snapped!

:rolleyes:

3. NorrisG

NorrisG LawnSite Member

Dead cat removal and disposal.... paid 10 bucks extra! :laugh:

4. satxmow

satxmow LawnSite Member
    from tx

only $10 bucks:eek: i would have charged $20-30.payup

5. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

customer wanted me to go into crawl space and search for dead stinking animal. i stuck my head in the door and caught one whiff and told them i couldnt find it- no charge thank you! i occasionally change flood light bulbs for another customer.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have a customer that dosent move to well. She had me include in her contract moving her sprinker every 3 days and letting it run for 3 hours each time. I subed out the neighbor kid next door and charge her accordingly. I think it came out to 1500 a season and pay the neighbor kid 1000. She knows this but is ok since he goes away for 3 weeks in the summer and I have to do it myself. Thank god it is only 4 blocks away.

7. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Have you though about putting that sprinkler on a timer?

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

tx angler it is on a timer but still has to be moved every 3 days and when I mow. trust me I wish she would just put in a sprinkler system but she is old school.

9. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

i guess she has alot of money or either the old school didnt teach math, but if i had to pay $1500 per year for someone to move my sprinkler around there would be alot of thirsty grass in my yard. dont get me wrong though, sounds like you've got a good thing going:D

10. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

i've cleaned church signs, fixed lights, built play props, replaced bulbs, fixed toilets, sinks, soap dispensers, doors, sprayed everything possible with every chemical available, moved sprinklers as mentioned above, moved furniture, hauled trash off, and it doesn't end here! probably the most unique was mulching up seaweed next to the water at a beach area we mow.