Strangest jobs you have done?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, what is the strangest jobs you guys have done. I guess moving rocks is one for me. I have a buddy that has been paid $350.00 dollars before to lift a small tree out of the back of a pickup with a skid steer and set it where they wanted it.

2. Fieldman12

I guess moving rocks is not really that strange I guess because people do want it done but not as common of a job.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Everyday is different and that is what makes the work fun. The thing I find most strange now, is the variety of excuses people can come up with not to pay.....especially when the work has been completed and they no longer need you.

I had a woman call and wanted two 3' rocks moved from their old house to their new house across town. OK with me.......ended up those two rocks were the only things she had left that her father had given her. The most unpleasant job I get called to do is by the vet or homeowner to dig a grave for a horse they are going to put down. So I dig, vet puts the horse down, and then we bury the horse.........it breaks my heart everytime I do it.

4. Fieldman12

I would have to say digging a hole for a horse would not be fun.

5. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that.

6. jd270

jd270 LawnSite Member

i once did a job for a guy that involved moving his old hot tub off his deck and put his new 10,000 dollar one in its place .......of course the deck was at just full lift of the loader and backed up to a pond on a slope ....as far as moving boulders i do it all the time people will pay an amazing amount of money for a rock

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

had a lady call and said she had a rock in her yard she did not want any more, so i load up the skidsteer and pick-up to go and see this rock that was mine now. this thing was bigger then my truck!!! needless to say the skid wasn't the machine for that job.

8. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW! How did you get it out, what machine did you use?

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

we buried a 50 ton low boy and pushed it on with a pc200 excavator and a d61 dozer. then drove the truck out of the hole. i know of one thats so big both of those machine couldn't even budge it. i want it so so so bad but the guy wont sell it to me it just sits out in his field. don't find to many rocks that big in your life.

10. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I buried a dog one time impossible to hand dig and it was very hot. Dog was large had to be a deep hole. Funny thing we just built 2 walls and re did yard and i wondered how this lawn would ever due with this dog walking and crapping every where. 2 days after job was done we got a call if we would bring back our equiptment to bury dog.
    mike