Strangest place you've sprayed!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by yardprospraying, Mar 11, 2008.

1. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

Just wondering what the strangest place you have sprayed or fert. We did a PET CEMETERY yesterday, and have done it for a couple of years. Talk about weird! They actually have little head stones, and little crosses for the pets! Talk about a pain to spray around. We also did a minature golf course (putt putt), yesterday, and last year we sprayed Rodeo around a sewage lagoon.

John..

2. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

In San Francisco I used to spray some indoor palm trees. The floors were marble and with oil in the mix it was damn slippery. The area was closed and a cleaning crew had to come in right behind me to mop up.

Roof top gardens were kinda different. I'd put a rope down 4 or 5 stories and pull the hose up the side of the building and hope there was still enough length to do the job.

One time we had a bees nest in a big Cypress tree right at the top and I couldn't spray into it from the ground so I attached the hose to my saddle and climbed the tree to get right up to it.

3. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

I've sprayed a pet cemetary too and it was huge! At least 2 acres.

I also have sprayed a house that was sitting on a pier that was used as an old fishing shack back in the early 1900's in Kingston, Mass. I have pictures of it in a book of that town and they date back to 1912, where there used to be clambakes going on there. At some point, the shack closed and was turned into a house, and the pier was rebuilt using stone and cement instead of wooden poles. Believe it or not, there was 3,000 sq. feet of turf! On one side of the 100 foot driveway leading into the ocean, there was turf, as well as turf in front of the house and the shed. Literally, there was ocean surrounding all 4 sides. I used to spray that lawn on Fridays because the view was awesome and the owner would come down on the weekends to water it in the treatments.

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Alamo (San Antonio, Texas). Several live oaks were over 400 years old. One live oak was named after Davy Crocket. Several of the live oaks still had led balls in them from the Mexican army during the battle of the Alamo.

5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Inside an ammo supply bunker located on Fort Knox that carried live 105mm and 120mm tank and howitzer shells.
    I was a criminal investigator at the time and the office I was assigned to was investigating some stuff (sorry - can't say what) and despite how well sealed the bunker was, it was infested with cockroaches and spiders. So I had to spray to be able to walk through the area to finish part of what I was doing.

6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Had a retirement home last year where we had to lay down indoor/outdoor carpet in the hallway and driveway the PG down the hall to get to a courtyard. Back in my Chemlawn days we had a courtyard and used a ladder to pull the hose onto the flat roof, walk across and drop the hose into the courtyard to spray. Then one of the best was at the Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit there is the main highrise and these smaller 4 or 5 story "low rises" around the perimeter. On top of one of the low rises there is an acre of turf. Had to ride the service elevator up with spreader and fert. (organic due to a child care facility). All this at 4 in the morning while no one was around.

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

any pics or links i would love to see them

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

And then there was the retirement home. We had to open the door, then open a room door, and then drag the hose through the room and out the sliding glass door to get out to the enclosed courtyard.

9. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

only had one courtyard that was a pain to due.

Have down some yards when the yelling and screaming AND guns of glory went into full effect. I guess minnesota nice only apllies to where I was not.

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

indoor stuff at Disney, one hotel with a atrium about 5 floor high draging hose thorugh a side door and then using roped to hual it up to spray the top of palms and such... but also animal enclosures @ Animal Kingdom....

Spraying anywere at the disney parks at night was always weird. usually not a soul walking around and some times they still have some of the music going. So I could be spraying and hear "its a small world" off in the distance.....