Strapping 21in To Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Dec 22, 2005.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what all of you guys do to strap ur 21in mower to the trailer? I Used Bungee cords but they kept getting fried on the muffler and this summer i went throught alot so im wonder what everyone else does?

:cool: Dream Cut Lawn Care :cool:

5x10 Carry On Trailer w/racks
    Craftsman 22.5hp 50in deck w/plow,weights,and chains
    (parents but get to start using it in 06) Toro Z150 52in deck 20hp Kohler
    6.5hp Craftsman Bagger Mower
    STIHL FS55RC Trimmer
    STIHL BG55 Blower
    STIHL FC44 Edger
    *Looking For A Bagger For Leaves*

Toro,STIHL,Chevy,and Carry On
    Can I Say Anymore?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Trimmer trap makes a cool bracket.

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

just keep the bungee away from the muffler. You can also use a small line to secure it down with. it dosen't take much at all!!!!:dizzy:

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

1 inch webbing with buckle type quick pull. I bolt one side to the trailer and the other slips onthe handle bars.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

When I take along a 21" I use bungie cords also.

On the Toro Proline for example, there are these braces on the bottom on the handles used to set the bar height. I hook a bungie to that on each side and stretch them to the trailer wall. Keeps the cords away from the muffler and the mower stays put. In a wreck it might go flying though...

6. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I welded a piece of angle iron behind the rear wheel of the toro. The front wheel in sandwhiched to the front of the trailer.
    If you can't access the front of the trailer due to equipment like zero turn or walk behind placement on the trailer then it kinda just sucks. I use a steel braided cable witha d clamp for quick disconnect of the 21. It is not the best idea I am sure but I kept cutting the bungees on the front deck height adjusters.