Straps always come of backpack sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Apr 1, 2004.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Anyone else have this problem too? I have five Lesco 3 gal back pack sprayers. The plastic parts that actually hold the weight of the backpack almost always come off when I drag the back pack out of the trailer. I've tried everything to keep them in place, but nothing works. Everytime I go to get a back pack out of the trailer, it's a friggin' 3 minute procedure just to get it out. I drag the thing out and always one or both of the plastic clips are disconnected. Then I have to set the entire thing down on the ground while I re-connect the plastic clips. Bend the pump handle down, wrap the hose end around to the other side, then put the thing on.

There just ought to be a better, quicker way.

Anyone have a trick they've figured out?

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

if your talking about the strap comming out of the clip that adjusts the size of the strap we just fold the strap over and put a zip tie around it.

3. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

No, I'm not talking about the strap length adjustment clip. I'm talking about the plastic clip that's supposed to clip onto the metal frame at the base. The clip keeps falling off of the frame when I drag the back pack out of the trailer. I've tried using zip cords to hold it to the metal frame, but they don't work.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

4. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

sorry, cant help you with that, we dont use lesco backpacks. Ours have metal clips and i have never hear of a problem with them coming off

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a SOLO next time. I have not had that problem with them.

6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've had them come off from time to time but not really a problem...yet! I wonder if you actually removed the plastic clip and had the strap sewn together over the bar so it couldn't come off. Someone with embroidery experience would have a stiching needle strong enough to sewn that within seconds and save a lot of grief later. plus the ability to move the strap along the bar could still be done, just a thought.

7. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Solo's do the same thing. It is an annoyance as it does happen several times a day. It is an easy fix if I put some time into it, but who has time? There should be a better design. My echo back pack blowers would do the same thing unless I clamped down the clip tight. Sometimes I wonder if the manuf. actually tries out the product they are selling?

8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

What turfsolutions said, they are a pain. I actually have the SPO model, and it is always falling off. The engineer's are not using these products.

Jay

9. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

i had the same problem ran a sheet metal screw through the clip into the frame that fixed it

10. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

Drill a hole through the clip and then zip tie it. works fer me, on my solo's.