Strategy

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MeadowsLawnCare, May 22, 2007.

1. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Ok guys i finally got all my equip, my website, flyers, business cards, business phone, all my supplies to take with me, software to do invoices and estimates and keep track of accounts, and extra help. Now is just need some more accounts to pay for it all :). My plan is to run an add in the classifieds. Also when i drive around i can't help but notice tons of overgrown lawns, so im going to stick a flyer in the door and on some put a basic trim, edge, mow, blow estimate right with the flyer (I can print that from my truck) Any other ideas on how to capture new customers or do you think this will work?

Thanks,
    Andy Meadows

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Classifieds did not work for me. But it might for you. Postcards and doorhangers work the best for me.
    The overgrown lawn idea is good, it has worked for me as well.
    How do you print a flyer from your truck?

3. MeadowsLawnCare

I have my printer hooked up in the back seat with a power inverter (hooks a regular outlet up to a 12v) then i put my laptop in the middle console up front (truck has a spot to store laptop) then all i do is every morning i plug my laptop into the usb cord and im ready to print. I can do invoices, estimates. flyers, business cards whatever i want right fromt he truck :) Saves a little bit of time.

Thanks,
    Andy Meadows

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like you have it all covered....

like red cape said. not every tyoe of advertising will work for all areas....

dont be afraid to just walk in to a business and ask..... belive me you will learn a lot doing this....

5. Cutman007

Cutman007 LawnSite Member

Most of the over grown lawns I try to get are people that are to cheap or are renters responsable for the lawn care. But keep at it and you will pick up accounts. I don't waste money on newspapers anymore. I have a website now and getting calls and emails about 10 times a week. Picked up 5 houses from one call.
    Good Luck!

6. MeadowsLawnCare

How did u get so many hits off your website? I have it on my business cards and flyers already.

Thanks,
    Andy Meadows

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Great idea! I will have to implement this.

8. Cutman007

google ad words, I pay 10 cents a hit with a one hundred dollar a month limit.
    it's also important what key words you use when people are looking for a lawn service in your area.

9. Cutman007

10. MeadowsLawnCare