strato charged red max string trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evan528, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Tomorrow im am going to buy a new trimmer, my current full time redmax 2300 is 6 years old and getting tired. I dont beleave they make the 2300 anymore. Redmax has started making the "strato charged" trimmers because of strict new EPA laws. They are supposed to be 33% better on fuel. Does anyone own one? are they as powerful and reliable as the old standard 2300 or should I look at another brand? Thanks in advance for your help!

2. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I bought one of the Red Max strato charged trimmers last spring and used it as my main trimmer all summer. Never needed to use my back up cause it worked flawless all summer. It does seem to go forever on a tank of fuel.The engine is made by the same company that use to make engines for "Green Machine" and I have two of them that I couldn't kill either. About mid summer I noticed a loss of power on the Red Max. The Ant-pollution device at the end of the exhaust was plugged. Guess what you can do with that little device. Took care of the problem and it ran like a champ the rest of the summer.