1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Straw Blower

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by evergreenlandscaping, Dec 18, 2003.

1. evergreenlandscaping

evergreenlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from raleigh

Looking for opinions on stand alone straw blowers. I have used one attached to a tractor - do the stand alone straw blowers work as well??? If so what kind do you use? How much do they cost?
  2. worthbrown

worthbrown LawnSite Member

I have an agri-metal. It is on the bottom end of the quality spectrum. It is the kind with the spinning barrel that you put the bale in. I have not been impressed with it at all, but it gets the job done and it was cheap. I paid $150, and it needed an engine. I already had a 13 hp engine that I put on it. Like I said, nothing to brag about, but gets the job done.
  3. i have one of the agrimetal's also, have blown a lot with it and it works good, but have been looking to upgrade and tried the little finn b-40 wow what a machine it'll blow as fast as you can feed it. That will be my next one.
  4. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Gossen bale chopper, good stuff
  5. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I have a Goosen. It's the 13 hp model. I use it for blowing straw on building lots. If you are doing very large areas you might consider a bigger machine.

6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm... I'm not sure what a straw blower is. A glorified shredder, maybe? Maybe somebody could post a pic of their. Must be used for erosion control, eh?