1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Straw Blowers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Siteprep, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Siteprep

Siteprep LawnSite Member
    from KY

I am looking for a used straw blower 18 or 20 horse engine, anyone know of a good site to look for one or anyone selling one. I have looked at new ones between
    4500.00 and 6000.00 and a couple of used 2500.00 -
    4000.00. I was hoping to find an older one around 1000.00
    Thanks for any input.
  2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was looking before i bought my hydro-seeder also and couldnt believe how expensive they was new and how the used ones held there value. Good luck.
  3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i found our finn b70 on ebay.. or look at the equipment trader online.
  4. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

well i have an agimetal, just put a new 20 hp honda(1300 bucks) and i wouldn't take less than 3,000 for it, i gave 2,000 for it. and have probablly put 5,000 bales through it. they can be a maintance beast if you don't maintain it. bearing as 200 a pop can hurt you. it has made me a ton of money and i love it. look one over very close before you buy it. spend the money and get a good one. they will pay for them selves in one or two big jobs.