Streaking Dixie Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chicksdme2, May 17, 2006.

1. Chicksdme2

Chicksdme2 LawnSite Member

I have a 2003 60" Dixie with a 25 Horse Kawasaki. When I first bought it, the cut was fabulous, both sides of the stripe perfectly even. Now, each stripe has 2 streaks of taller grass in the middle left a right. The streaks appear to be where the outside blades meet the middle blade. I know the blades are almost perfect. What am I doing wrong? I know this dixie has fabulous potential and its frustrating to not have a flawless cut.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Your deck pitch is probably out of whack.

Either that or something is warped... or the blades are flimsy and flex under load.
  3. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the above thread. Did you go to the links I provided? Dixie Chopper had a lot of bugs in those decks for that year. They did not have enough blade overlap on the deck for that year. I had a 2003 Dixie and had nothing but problems. Streaked horribly. They even came down from the factory and took it back with them. It streaked worse when they brought it back. They basically told me there was nothing they could do and hung me out to dry with a sh!tty cutting mower. First they told me to have it pitched 1/4" forward, then level, then 1/4" reverse pitch. Nothing helped. Good luck is all I have to say. I sold it and after the way I was treated, I will never buy another one.