Street Listing by town ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawnchoice, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know of a website that will allow you to search by town and get a street listing? I don't care about house listings, just the streets.

Thanks,

2. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Check your local county or city websites they should have all the information there are check the reference books at the library.

3. Lawnchoice

No help from the local website, they just don't exist.

I did find a site that listed maps by tax rate, etc. Hard to manipulate though.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Many phonebooks will have a map of the city and surrounding towns. In our phonebook they have a map of our city and divides it by zipcode, which I have found extremely helpful.

5. Lawnchoice

Really looking for soft copy format so I can easily turn it into labels and inport into .xls

6. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Reversephonedirectory.com

7. Southwest Lawns

Southwest Lawns LawnSite Member

I use mapopolic.com great program...

8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

go to your public library and ask for a city directory. it lists every single address in town, who owns it, how long, phone numbers, etc. Very useful. Make copies of streets you'd like to hit, and mail flyers to them....since it gives names, you could address it directly to homeowner. and just in case the resident is not the owner (renter) you could address to Mr...blah blah, or current resident.

9. Lawnchoice

I really wanted to have it online so I can search, pull what I want and manipulate the data that way.

I did find some great information from my county website. Everything no more than a year old.

Thanks for all the comments.

10. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

If the average joe could do that, then the people who sell mailing lists would be out of work. I wish I could find a way to do what you want as easy as you want, but trust me, Ive tried for years now. its either the city directory for me or buy a mailing list.