String Trimmer Covers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PR Fect, Sep 1, 2003.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone using those covers I seen some were for their string trimmer? We use a open trailer and a Jim's trimmer rack. Want to protect our investment in bad weather. Also had a Mud Dobber try to build himself a new home in the exhaust port of my Tanaka trimmer. Can't remember the name of who makes the covers.

2. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for weather protection? Try a plastic grocery bag you can use a rubber band to seal the open end or just tie the handles of the bag together - can't beat the price...
    BobR

3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

PR FECT - just visited "wechapps" (first time) and was impressed with the range of goodies they have available I have done most of my catalog shopping through "A M Leonard" but that is now subject to change.. Nice Covers..
    BobR

5. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

My covers look kind of scrubby, but work well enough, cut off drywall buckets and a bungy cord. The powerhead stays dry, but I'm sure it won't keep out wasps!

6. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I like that idea! I put my trimmers in the bed of my truck ( with a cap) and they tend to slide around a bit. I read your post and mounted two drywall buckets in the back for the trimmers to slide into! Thanks!

B