1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

String Trimmer for home use?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ojtwelve, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ojtwelve

ojtwelve LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a 4 cycle string trimmer for home use and wanted to get your very valuable opinions as to which one is the best quality and will last me the longest. I live in a regular housing community and I do not know the exact size of my yard. Here are the links to the trimmers I have seen so far and am thinking about buying one of them. I hope these links work.

2. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

honestally none of them.. spend the extra 80 bucks and get a echo redmax or shin...

all those spin the wrong wrong way, lol

i don't get the whole 4 cycle thing. blah, anyhoo at 30cc that craftsman has to weigh a ton
  3. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

Use Stihl trimmer string, you'll love it.. enough said
  4. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

Stihl and Echo each make solid light duty straight shaft trimmers for $200 with approx 21 cc engines. More than enough power for a home owner and will last a long time.
  5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont count Shindaiwa out either. The choices you selected are poor. Very poor. If you want dependable, quality and longevity, spend a few more bucks and be happy down the road.
  6. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

What he said.