1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

String trimmer Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BufalinoLand, Jan 18, 2002.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 stihl fs 85s now and need some input, pictures, where to get some kind of locking trailor racks. Anybody got any ideas
  2. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the trimmer trap racks and they work well. I switched to a traimmer rack and a blower and water rack from a company called Gridiorn (I think). They are the best -- easy to adjust to my equipment (echo) and hold things tight. I would recommend.

3. Ask your dealer if he can get you a trimmer trap
    We have one on each of our trailers that hold three each.
    You also can get one for a backpack blower.
  4. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

we use trimmer trap as well. It fits any brand.

You could also try Jungle Jim's or Green Touch.
  5. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I make all of my racks except for trimmer. Trimmer trap has such a good one and it would be hard to copy. They are real handy.
  6. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

Jungle Jims trimmer racks are hard on the echo handles ,and there Backpack blower rack is a far cry from perfection , Trimmer trap makes the best in my opinion ,I had them on my trailer that got stolen and in a moment of haste I went with Jungle Jim -to my regret:( :(
  7. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

We use trimmer trap racks.They are easy to unload and secure.
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i use greentouch industries racks. i have them for my trimmers and back pack blower. i also use their mower tie downs for my walkbehind. extremely happy with their product. both them and trimmertrap offer really nice products.

9. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I would have to agree with most of what has been said above. I have used both trimmertrap and green touch ( which is available at Lesco).

Trimmer trap is the quickest to use and I like the fact that it mounts at two points.

Green Touch is a little more theft resitant.

Good luck!
  10. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a trimmer trap rack on my trailer. I am very happy with it. It is very easy to use and to lock up at the end of the day. Definitely worth the money.