String Trimmer

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by CBRmanimal, Apr 5, 2009.

1. CBRmanimal

CBRmanimal LawnSite Member

I was able to get the trimmer for $230 to my door. =)

2. NatesLawnCareLLC

NatesLawnCareLLC LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I've been running a FS46 for years and I recently needed to buy another trimmer just so that I can be more productive. I got the FS100RX I like it. It has a lot of power However I am 6'5" and the straight shaft really starts to get to me after about 5 minutes. I'm a fan of curve shafts because they're "taller" however I think that once I get aftermarket handle so I won't have to lean over so much I will love my Stihl FS100RX

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I have a FS66 that I still use to this day. 15 bucks and nothing wrong with it. I bought a FS90 for back-up last year and I still haven't used it.

I figured the FS66 would have died by now as I run hedge trimmer, edger, tiller head and string head. The thing will scream with the hedge clippers on, and the last time I checked the exhaust port, the piston still looks new.

4. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a FS66 also, if i had to guess it is about 18-20yrs old, still running like a champ. Bought a FS90r yesterday and now I will use the 66 as a back up. So far the 90 is great, lots of power compaired to the 66.

5. CBRmanimal

CBRmanimal LawnSite Member

Best trimmer ever here =)
    [​IMG]

6. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. LawnSite Member

i got the stihl fs100rx and it is no doubt the best trimmer i ever bought. get a stihl straight shaft 4 mix and you should be fine