string trimmers and blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shane Woods, Jan 20, 2001.

1. Shane Woods

Shane Woods LawnSite Member

Could someone please give me some opinions on what kind of blowers and trimmers you use? In the past I have tried several brands. I like the Stihl backpack blowers but they don't seeem to hold up very well. The last trimmer I tried was a Shindiawa T27 and it seems to be the best I have seen so far. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric's search page will help you out a lot!

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Shindaiwa and Red Max are very popular on this forum. As TJLC said, try the search page I did and click on trimmers, blowers, ect, middle link below.

Eric

4. LWNMWRMN

LWNMWRMN Banned

As for a blower I would recomend an Echo pb 650 for a BP blower, or an Echo pb 230 for a handheld. Trimmer would have to be an Echo srm 2601 (now changed to a srm 260)

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Why do you prefer the Echo units to Robin ???

Just wondering.
    kris

6. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Go for Echo blowers and trimmers and Emark mowers...Both are very reliable.

7. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl 420 Blower.

Stihl FS-85 Trimmer.

8. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

I have used shindawa T-230 trimmers and 240 hand held blowers for years. I feel that they are indestructable. Mine have a zillion hours on them with no problems.

9. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Two things in life that are a sure bet: I mean, they will NEVER let you down. One is a hooker, the other is ANY Shindaiwa product. I would opt for the Shindaiwa product, that way If you get your picture on the front page of the local newspaper with it, your wife won't leave you.

10. LWNMWRMN

LWNMWRMN Banned

kutnkru

echo's price and quality beats robin any day(to many small problems with robin trimmers)