String Trimmers for Girls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FastMan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

I have a female helper of the non :weightlifter: variety this summer. She'll be doing a lot of string trimmer work. What do you suggest for a lightweight, yet bullet proof quality trimmer for her?

Thanks for saving me a bit of the research time.

2. greenpoint

greenpoint LawnSite Member

Stihl fs100rx - they have a lightweight shaft that makes them lighter than the others. We have a few and they're great.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax TR2301

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Tanaka has a lightweight trimmer that I use. It's the TCG22EASSLP model. It's under 10 pounds fully assembled. It's not going to have the power of something like the Stihl 4 Mix trimmers but it doesn't weigh anywhere near as much as they do. It does have a nice balance. When I bought mine I didn't think it would hold up but it's going into it's second year as a front line trimmer.

http://www.wisesales.com/tanaka-tcg...n=GoogleBase&gclid=CNexq5fnza4CFQmMtgodYythBw

5. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, guys, I'll have a look at all 3.

93Chevy, is the Redmax TR2301 a discontinued model? I don't see it on their website.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

7. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

This! When my wife decides she wants to "help" this is the trimmer I got for her and it's great. It's unbelievable how lightweight this thing is. Also, it runs great for a low 20cc engine and has been bullet proof. Don't even think about .095 line though. It's much happier with .080 in it.

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I ran mine with .105 and it ate everything in it's path. Didn't bog down or anything. I mean I wasn't whipping down 3' tall hillsides, for for regular whipping, line edging, and moderate growth, it'll do a damn dang good job.

9. michael14

michael14 LawnSite Member

I have an old stihl fs55. it's like 10 years old and if it ain't got a million hours on it is close :confused: . Maybe a thousand realistically but it's been great.

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

My wife likes my fs100rx, but the light weight redmax would be a good choice.
    Posted via Mobile Device