string trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sparcolawn, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

i've got 2 srm210 echo string trimmers, and have always found them to be very cold blooded, i have been looking at the redmax trimmers, any thoughts? i do a serious amount of trimming, but would like to stay around the size of the srm 210s, thanks.

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

the red max has power but mine is a bit cold natured as well. I had a shindaiwa t231 for a week and took it back for more power but it was a very smooth machine for the size

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We got rid of all our small Echo trimmers a couple of years ago and replaced them with Redmax. They would just not cold start and there was no adjustment on the carb. Redmax starts cold on the first or second pull every time...sure am glad we got them.

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

sparco lawn get a shindiawa an never worry again !!

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

redmax is by far the best trimmers imo like other people stated they start on the first or second pull

6. cgrappler135

cgrappler135 LawnSite Member

go with the shindiawa t231 or t261, i have both and their great.

7. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

what sizes in the redmax and the shindiawa's are in the same group as the echo's srm 210's? because i really dont feel thta i need anything more powerful then them with regular string trimming

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax 2400

9. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We kind of like Sthil string trimmers lol.

10. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We had the SRM 2100...we phased out our echo trimmers (only two...we are small) for two redmax 2400's. I love the redmax trimmers over the echos. much more powerfull. Little heavier but start much better. Keep in mind some people get annoyed that you have to warm up the redmax's before starting your line trimming.

Echo backpack blowers, that another story. I love those things.