1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

string trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chops_74, Sep 27, 2007.

1. chops_74

chops_74 LawnSite Member
    from texas

looking at some other options for my trimmers. What are your comments on a trimmer that will be used on a maintenance crew? They maintain the same property about every other week.

We have run a variety of trimmers and I am trying to get a general idea of my options out there.

We have a few dealers around town that I have been talking to, and they have said a lot of good things about stihl.

What are your ideas?
  2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Most, if not all, commercial quality trimmers are fine. I prefer my Kawasaki for the awesome power-to-weight ratio - VERY light and adequate power for trimming sidewalks and driveways. :usflag:
  3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Commercial trimmer brands include- Stihl, Shindaiwa, Echo, Redmax, Tanaka and there are others that aren't coming to my mind right now. These seem to be the most popular. Just pick a brand they are all commercial grade quality.
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I've use Toro's in the past but there not made anymore so I went out and bought Tanaka's 245s and they work great, lots of power and solid steel drive shaft.
  5. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

Buy a stihl you will never regret it. I bought a stihl fs 110 R two years ago and love it.