Lawn Care Forum banner

String Trimmers

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  yungman 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy a used string trimmer. What brand would you guys recommend between stihl, echo and redmax? I have a echo blower and it is awesome. Also what is the diff between the straight shaft and curved shaft? I currently (the one that is unfixable) is a curved shaft.

#2 ·
The straight shaft trimmer will help your back out quite a bit. Has longer reach with less hunching over. I have ehco trimmers and have real good luck with them. But I hear good things about the others also.

#3 ·
Tell us your budge first, big difference between $250 to $350.

#4 ·
I just want to spend 150 to 200 at the most on a used one.

#5 ·
I just want to spend 150 to 200 at the most on a used one.
$200, I'll buy a new one!!! Echo SRM210, small engine but true commercial unit. Some people find Husqvarna 150 not bad. Stihl home scaper series in the $160 range. I don't trust used ones. Get straight shaft for your back.

I don't know how to comment on used trimmer, My first guess is The big brand like Echo , Redmax etc.

#6 ·
The SRM210 is a under 200? That would be good because i wouldnt mind keepin it to echo or redmax.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Thanks for your help! BTW if i use this as commercial, the warrenty wont void? Even if it does, i wont tell them, just makin sure though.

#10 ·
Thanks for your help! BTW if i use this as commercial, the warrenty wont void? Even if it does, i wont tell them, just makin sure though.
I think it is 2 year commercial. Please verify. This is a commercial unit!!!

#11 ·
Ill go to home depot next weekend when i get home and look at it and let you kno yungman

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.