String Trimming With Your ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

You have to be pretty lazy to purchase one of those things !

3. mpm32

mpm32 LawnSite Member

I think that it would be pretty cool to trim under trees and along fence lines while mowing the perimeter pass.

4. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't want to drag it around all day not using it. If you had a lot of fence line to trim it would be worth it. Farm or HOA maybe.

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

You'd never be able to get in the nooks and crannies youd still have to pick up the trimmer and walk around the property.....How does the string come out when it wears down, do you need to stop and get off the machine and restring it.......(time) It might have "break-away" mounts, but Remember, the titanic was unsinkable....If it can be broken a wayward employee will find a way....

Still a neat concept....

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

You're such an optimist, but I agree. Great idea on paper, not worth much in practice.

It's the reverse of what Ronald Reagan once said of economists. He stated that an economist is someone who sees something working in practice and wonders if it would work in theory.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Not a bad idea if you had massive area to be trimmed....say a super long fence or a huge warehouse.

8. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I think you're going to run into problems with it. I doubt you can adjust the speed on it. It's going to be hard to keep the trimmer the distance you want from the fence. It'll probably end up tearing things up. And the fact that i'd have to concentrate on mowing and trimming at the same time... i'd get confused.

9. Anthony-MB

Anthony-MB LawnSite Member
    from georgia

looks like it would be good for trimming along a long fence or wall