Stripe Bending

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&R, Jul 11, 2004.

1. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Fescue Farmer got me thinking late last night about lawn art. So this morning while eating breakfast I started drawing some ideas on paper. I decided to take my ideas to the front lawn and see how it looked. The neighbors already think I'm crazy so I figured what the heck. I decided to try the easiest one first which was a Bullseye look. I must say it turned out well. I used my walk behind for the trial run, but plan on using the Z next time out. I don't want to post any pictures of the first few, but after I perfect my art I will show everyone. Thanks for the inspiration Fescue!
  2. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

I'm the same way. Sit down and draw out different designs. They turn out pretty well.
  3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Some one has too much free time.;)

Those were some swell stripes though.
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i wanna try a pattern that looks like the UnderArmor symbol. It is kinda like an X but sorda like a mirrored C
  5. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

Atta boys! Thats what I'm talkin' about - using the old noggin! Anything can become a science - even mowing - I must say, I have sacrificed some time to design, layout, (the noggin part !) and mow a unique pattern - but the results have always been well worth it! You can even get your customers hooked on curves like it was crack cocaine! Do a phenomenal pattern one week and make contact with the customer and make sure they see the pattern in all its glory - next week, just mow regular - they will ask what happened - when they do, explain the extra time ($) it requires to design and mow - they are hooked and you just increased the amount of $ you bring in on that yard.

Truthfully, once a design is laid in - for as long as you keep it, it really doesn't take that extra long to mow it unless it is very intricate.

We like to do this stuff, so we target the customers who are willing to let their lawn become our canvas!

Remember - everybody mows straight stripes!

But not everybody bends those stripes! :)

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Damn man, I'm sure glad that you dont live near me.
  7. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

I would like to see Fescue Farmer put EastWood Landscaping out of business, here in town! That would be hiliraious.