1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stripe kit or NOT ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ringahding, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Most customers love the look our industry provides, of course their are those who prefer a more "Natural" look...anyway here is a video of a client's property using a striping effect...Is this performed with a striping KIT? check it out..Stripe Video

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

People pay good money to have a nice green rich looking lawn.

People then pay to have stripes on their lawn. Those stripes make half the lawn take on a lighter green color.

That makes no sense to me. Plus the stripes take away the natural look of the land.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I know and we get paid for that, meanwhile food prices at the grocery store are spiraling out of control but
    then it's not cheaper to farm your own land, so I'd have to say all in all it's a pretty crazy business.

4. ringahding

I know it's crazy what customers expect!...one thing i do know is that, as long as grass grows, we all have a job...

5. ringahding

People really do pay good money for this type of work. It never ceases to amaze when they ask if we can cut the other way..Checkerboard on the turf..ha ha

6. KINGMADE

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

You link to a stupid site with a link to an actual video. On the stupid page your link takes us, (I am going to guess this is your stupid site) you say that this is not done with a striping kit. So why are you asking if this is done with a striping kit? Since it seems you already know it is not. I think the whole reason for this thread was to get people to visit your stupid site. Let me know if I am wrong though.

7. ringahding

Thank you KING ! Great FEEDBACK....!

8. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Not all mowers need a striping kit to stripe well. Also some guys mow in the same tracks every week because their mowers don't stripe well if they chose a new line. But this causes ruts. So what is the point of this thread anyway?

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

For those of you who...well, nevermind, I don't want to get banned...

Here's the vid:

10. ringahding

MJB...it is true you really don't need a stipe kit....and this video demonstrates just that...save your $$$ no need for the kit..so that would be the point of the thread