stripe kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ztwo, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Ztwo

Ztwo LawnSite Member

Where can I find a stripe kit for my 36 inch john deere walkbehind?

2. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

you can build a striper by using rubber bed mat material and attaching it to the rear of your deck.

3. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

ahhhh, not a gs30 i hope? I like toro's way on their walk-behinds. take those clamps with the rubber insulation, wrap them around the axle and hang a length of rubber material from them. no worries of getting sucked under your deck.

4. Ztwo

Ztwo LawnSite Member

yeah it is the gs 30 whats wrong with that?

5. Ztwo

Ztwo LawnSite Member

yeah it is the gs30 whats wrong with that?

6. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a gs 30. It's a great machine... Though I don't use it anymore due to the fact that it's a belt drive. However, the timed blades make for a very good cut... and their high impact plastic mulch kits are 2nd to none. I pretty much keep it because it's pretty and green. PS, I wouldn't have a toro wb... even if it was given to me.

7. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

really? my 15 year old bob-cat cut wayyyyy better then my '30. and the timed deck was such a pain in the but. Until recently, i've never even seen a john deere that can mow a lawn, just maul it.

8. TLC_Lawns_TN

TLC_Lawns_TN LawnSite Member

I made a "striping kit" for my JD GS30 WB by attaching a 16" x 36" x 1.5" piece of rubber matting that is used in horse stalls (can be found @ TSC) via 2 bolts to the 2 shipping brackets located on the lower rear part of the power frame. It drags the ground about 3 to 4" and actually stripes pretty well. Total cost was about $14, and took me 15 minutes to install.

9. B-Watt

B-Watt LawnSite Member
    from Indy

Bringing this one back from the dead.. :waving:

Long time reader, first time poster.

Any pics of the stripes?

Does anyone else have any input on the subject?

10. B-Watt

B-Watt LawnSite Member
    from Indy

[​IMG]

TLC, Question on how low you punched your holes for the bolts at the top of the strip. Pics would be much appreciated but if not, I just need to know how much to leave at the top.

Thanks