Stripe kit?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by BLC3, Feb 14, 2004.

1. BLC3

BLC3 LawnSite Member

When will the new stripe kit be out and how much??

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I heard this spring, I could be wrong. But just in case..

superchainshitch.jpg

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The new kit should be available in the next 30 to 60 days.
    I do not have a part # or price yet.
    I will update LS as soon as I get it.

Pj

4. 2SuperZs@Primow!

2SuperZs@Primow! LawnSite Member

How well do the Hustler Super Z's stripe withOUT any sort of help? I was thinking of putting the chains on the back of the deck on the 2 Super Z's that I own. They are both brand new and I haven't even used them yet, so I'm wondering if I should go ahead with a striping kit.

Any ideers?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Primow! Lawn Care, Inc.
    Lincoln, NE

5. imograss

Northern grasses tend to stripe a bit better than our southern grasses. The chain kits add a little versatility, they are also great for breaking up cores left by aeration. You can also sound like Santa Clause while driving down the driveway.:rolleyes: Heres what my chains do.

kanes back.jpg

6. 2SuperZs@Primow!

2SuperZs@Primow! LawnSite Member

My partner and I are going to build a striping kit of somekind whether it be the chains or the conveyor belt type. I tend to think the conveyor belt strip would be a little better in the way that it wouldn't be so noisy. I'm kinda up in the air on it right now though. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Jason
    Primow! Lawn Care, Inc.
    Lincoln, NE

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am going to try hanging a truck mudflap on the back of mine as a striper. Will let you know how it looks.

8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know that some people are going to disagree (and thatÂ’s fine) but I try to stay away from using chains as a method of striping. Over time chains can and will mess up grass. Think of it this way, when you take a nail and drag it across a green leaf on a tree, the part that you cut will turn brown. Essentially, this is the same thing you are doing to grass over time, dragging things over it such as chains and wearing down the grass.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I should have availability info this week along with pricing.

Pj

10. imograss

I have seen zero damage done to the turf by my chain kit. The chains are not aggressive. You will do far more damage to the lawn with the tires of any mower. The chains are more forgiving than any roller would be. (Just my experience)
    Tim