1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stripe kits

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by supermini z, Jul 22, 2004.

1. supermini z

supermini z LawnSite Member

Anybody that has stripe kits for there hustler ztr's give me some feed back on how well this kit actually works. I am kind of sceptal about this flap design and how much it will make a difference when you double cut the lawn. I am running a supermini 24/52. I am concered about the quility and if I can put the flap up with a bungy cord because I am only 15 and have to ride it through the neighborhood. thanks
  2. heliman02

heliman02 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I have the strip kit on a mini z and it is the poorest striping kit design I have ever seen. It hangs up on ditches and makes it almost impossible to put on a trailer with a ramp. It is not just the flap that is the problem the metal itself is to low to the ground causing it to hang. What were the engineers thinking? If you really want to strip I would make your own and put it behind the deck like other mowers have.
  3. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

my experience with the flap on a mini_z is this;

did not help striping

cant load or unload off trailer without using extra ramps cause it hangs

hangs/gets stuck frequently while mowing due to the flap
  4. Dagoose

Dagoose LawnSite Member
    from NY

wish I had a super mini when I was 15 :(
  5. heliman02

from USA

Hey greasy gun, what did your dealer say about the stripe kit and did they take it back? Hustler customer service told me that they did not sell enough kits and that they were to busy to fix the problem even when they admitted they have a bad design. Any others have this problem?
  6. supermini z

supermini z LawnSite Member

Thanks guy's for the input now I will look for aftermarket stripe kit's. Does anybody know of any if so please post your information

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Our engineers and customer service department are working together to fix the problem.
    I know this for a fact, I have talked with them, as recent as Friday, and they are working on it.
    I will update LS when there is more info to be had.

8. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

dealer said it was a non-returnable item cause it was a 'special order'...

i have been trying to find the Skag roller to see if it might work on my mini_z, cause from the website it looks to be a good design.

if nothing else, i may try the roller from big league lawns, but not much info regarding actual use out there

9. heliman02

from USA

PJ, thanks for the info. Hustler need to hire Paul Senior from Orange County Choppers!!! He knows how to get things moving in to gear and get the job done. Thanks again PJ!
  10. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

I use a BigLeague roller on my 60" SuperZ and its outstanding. I had to buy the extention arms to get past the little wheels on back and it just clears them. It kind of acts as a "wheelie bar" when going up the trailer ramp or a steep incline and it lays down an awesome stripe. Too bad the grass around here is the color of wheat as it is so fried or I might could post a few pics. The only drawback is the fact that it decreases your clearance when backing up to beds, etc. Overall, I highly recommend the roller; build quality and results are superior. Feel free to PM me in you'd like.