1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripe Page

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I just put on a web page 5 pictures of my first real striping attempts.

Used a 2002 Exmark 32", with 12.5 Kawi engine, gear drive, with mulch kit and mulch blades (came with kit), pro-slide attachment, cut at 3" height. Pics were taken today, Sunday.

The 5 pictures are LARGE, so I would suggest only cable modem users click on the link. In addtion, Geocities has a limit on the amount of data transfer, so you might not be able to see them.. I have to figure out a way to shrink them down so they can be attached and viewed here. Thanks!

2. cowman66

cowman66 Banned

wow good stripes! way to go
  3. jmarkwood

jmarkwood LawnSite Member

Please detail how you have your Metro set-up.

axle position
    blade spacer(s)
    caster spacers

Thanks, Jay
  4. Just Turned Pro

Just Turned Pro LawnSite Member

:( Its already exceeded the data transfer limit.... couldnt see your stripes
  5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Great job!! Gotta love the look....:)
  6. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Geocities has the dumb limit on it of like 3 megs per hour or something like that, so if more than 1 person goes there at a time, it bounces.

Anyone know of a good place to web host a site for a real real real cheap price? <G>

To review my metro set up, check out this thread where I wrote a message to Exmark asking them if this was a good one:

*OR* Basically, here's the message as quoted:

I have a new Exmark 32" Metro, 12.5 Kawi, Gear Driven.

It came "factory stock" with the following setting:

Axle alignment in the "D" Hole, two 1/2" spacers below casters, 0 3/16" spacers below casters and the blade had 2 above spindle, 2 below spindle. I believe this was somewhere AROUND a 2-3/4" cut height. according to my calculations based on the Exmark Cutting Height Adjustment chart. I see that just because you add or take away a .5" spacer, you don't necessarily raise or drop the deck a whole .5", it's more like .4... for whatever reason.

I put on an Exmark Mulching kit and made the following changes:

Axle alignment left in the "D" Hole, put three 1/2" casters below, one 3/16" caster below and the blade now has 3 below, 1 above.

My intention was to RAISE the cutting height of the grass to 3". According to the chart, that is where I am now at. (add a .5 and a 3/16's to the deck height, but drop the blade .5 lower, so a total change of around 3/16"s from where it was stock, cutting higher.

With my settings of "D", 3 spacers, 1 3/16 spacer, 3 spacers below spindle, how is my rake?

Do almost all of the Exmark Metros stay in the axle height of "D", or do many people change that around?

Good luck JMARK WOOD. Email me directly at doogiegh@optonline.net if you have any questions or just want to go over any Exmark machines. I just got my machine 2 months ago, so any "insight" you have on them would be cool. Thanks!

7. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I finally got in ! Very nice pics. I am considering a 32" Metro...gates around these parts are about 35".
  8. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

Doogiegh, on that 32 inch Excell Metro, are the drive wheels wide like on a 48". I like a small deck but does Excell make anything under 48" with drive wheels no wider than the deck?