Stripe pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

This property is located in Soddy Daisy, Tn. The homeowner was tired of bermuda encroaching into his fescue; So, I round-uped 3 acres of it on 9-1-07... And aerated, fert., limed, and seeded on 9-15-07 with Lesco Teammate seed blend(my signature grass). The lawn is irrigated; but, only when lake levels are up... usually 5-15 to 11-15.

lawn pics 024.jpg

lawn pics 025.jpg

lawn pics 026.jpg

lawn pics 027.jpg

lawn pics 029.jpg

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Those are some of the most well defined, beautiful stripes I have ever seen. Congrats!:clapping::clapping:

3. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

I agree very nice work. If only all customers could see the potential

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Thanks Tamer. The hills make that yard difficult to stripe... But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm going to take some more pics next week... after I burn my other pattern in. It'll look even better. Thanks man.

5. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice! Is that a cold weather grass, what is it made up of mostly, looks like bluegrass stripes like it anyway. I love the color of that grass, and it stripes well.

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

what kind of mower did you use to stripe that. It looks amazing.

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Did you use your pro-slide? I have heard they leave monster stripes.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Accu-cut -- Congratulations, those are very nice stripes !! It's good to see that some in our area appreciate a nice lawn.

9. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Thanks guys. The seed mixture is 80% tri fescue blend and 20% per rye. The mower used is a Hustler 2760 xr-7 super z with a stripe roller. What makes it stripe so well is the fact that I am VERY methodical about raking the deck 1/6 of an inch lower in the front. I true it up every two weeks. Next week, I'm going to do 10' stripes perpendicular to what you see now. It should be pretty nice. I'll dig around for some more pics, too.

10. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Nope, didn't use the proslide. Infact, that mower hasn't even been started up this year. I only used it on one account... that I dropped two months after starting due to non-payment. It does stripe well, though... Maybe even a bit too well. The aggressive nature of the matt folding the grass over erases any kind of checkerboard that would have been possible with rake or conventional stripers.