Stripe Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrgrass, Jul 20, 2003.

1. mrgrass

mrgrass LawnSite Member

I want to get a Gravely 260z and wonder if anyone knows if they stripe very well. I have not seen any pics from one.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

they come with a striping Flap As Standard Equipment.
    John

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

This is the One For the 60" Deck. It Might Be an Option On Riders. I Could Be Wrong Throw.
    John

striperkit.jpg

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

All the jobs I've ever saw that were done by them (when done properly) looked good. There is one site next door to a ;awn that I do, where the lawn is all rutted from running the same grooves all the time. You can't even hardly tell it is cut in a S or striping pattern. That's not the mower that did that, though, it's the fine operator. He used to do that when he ran a Scag, and he'd do that with any mower.:rolleyes:

5. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Runner... are you workin in my neighborhood in NY ?!?!
    A house down the street from me is always mowed the same direction, same stripes (NOT BY ME!)
    The ruts were visible this past winter EVEN WITH 2' OF SNOW COVERING THE LAWN:eek:

Now, those are ruts!!!

6. mrgrass

mrgrass LawnSite Member

I appreciate the info, I am going to buy a Gravely 260z 60" cut and they told me it would mulch and stripe as good as the exmark. (Dealer also sells Exmarks), anyway it comes with 27 Kawasaki LC engine with 90 hours as a demo and is $6,000, I think thats the best deal I can find.