Stripeing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Aug 28, 2002.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Was wondering what you guys use on your mowers to stripe the lawn very well?I no good grass to cut helps but i was just wondering if there was somthing i could put on my deck to make it stipe better? Any help would be great! THANKS

2. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

do a search on stripes and you'll get all the info you could imagine

3. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

dont know what ya have, but there may be a striping kit for your mower.........look it up

4. Mud flaps, old tires, chains. double :angel: blades.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Rollers mounted on the back end of my tank's deck. standard equipment

6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody have any pics of their mowers with the mud flap or tire striping lit. I'd like to see that.

7. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

double blades works for me

8. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a flap from eXmark and put a 1/4 threaded rod in the bottom to weight it down a little. It works great on my Bob-Cat walkbehind. I'll get a pic as soon as the weather lightens up a little. I can't get enough light with my old camera right now. Anyway, it works great. If you want, you can see the flap on an eXmark in their brochure. There's a large picture taken from behind and a little low. I think the flap was about $15-16. There's got to be someone out there with a digital camera that owns an eXmark with the flap. Maybe they could get a better pic for us.

9. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

deck pitch helps too.