1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striper Kit Bolts?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tezzy, Jun 12, 2006.

1. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

I just purchased a striper kit for my FasTrak 20/52. I am a little confused about the bolts that hold the wheels on. The bolts included with the striper kit are about a 1/4 inch longer than the stock bolts. That would make sense if the extra 1/4 of an inch was in the threads but it is not. The extra 1/4 of an inch is actually in the shank or smooth part of the bolt. All it does is allow the wheel to float back and forth more when you actually need more thread on the bolt because of the extra plate you are adding there. If you will look in the picture the old bolt actually has a couple of extra threads more thatn the new bolt. I am no rocket scientist but am I missing something here?:dizzy:

Monday 5-29-06 006.jpg
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It should still work, I have installed a few over the years and had no problem.
    I will forward this post to our customer service guys and see what they have to say.
  3. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

OK ...... no big deal......I just thought it was odd and maybe I was missing something. I am in the process of installing a striper, flex forks and seat springs for my 20/52 FasTrak from the "Good Guys" over at Landscapers Choice in Raytown, MO. This is my second season of mowing and I got about 100 hours on my machine with NO problems. I can't believe I didn't buy one of these 10 years ago. I enjoy the forum and keep up the great work!