1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striper kit??

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by PHS79, May 22, 2008.

1. PHS79

PHS79 LawnSite Member
    from WI

I am looking to make a striper kit for my Toro Z420, the only problem it that I don't know the best way to go about making one. I have never seen one mounted up to a mower before, but I have seen the results of striper and really like it. Can someone help me out an point me in the right direction?

2. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered one of these http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1VAZ5 and fabricated a mount out of uni strut. Works great, but I am tinkering with a better mounting option. I will post pictures later tonight after work.....
  3. The Rookie

The Rookie LawnSite Senior Member

A chain drag made from angle iron and heavy chains works well. Just mount it so rear tires dont run over it or it flys into pto clutch and belts. Do a search and you will find many different homeade contraptions from flaps, chains, rollers, pitch of deck. My opinion now on striping has changed. It looks pretty but grass really doesn't like being folded down on top of each other and people aren't impressed by it.