1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striper made of?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by tippy, Mar 4, 2003.

1. tippy

tippy LawnSite Member

Regarding the EZ Striper for the eXmark: The roller looks to be stainless steel...is it a solid piece of stainless? Approximately how heavy is it? If its solid stainless, I'm guessing it would weigh 75lbs or more.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The roller is actually 5/16" heavy wall tubing with inserts welded on the ends. The weight varies a little depending on what size but they are about 25lbs.

These are very strong rollers. Any other questions let us know.

Thanks, Fred.
  3. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

i want to second that the rollers are very strong i just put one on a lazer z hp.
    And it makes a big antiscape roller besides putting down great stripes
  4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased my striper for my LHP 52" at the begining of last year. The striper itself now has about 600 hours on it. Still works like new:) It sure makes a difference!!!
  5. Kingspointe

Kingspointe LawnSite Member

Whats the price tag for an this item? I've seen lawns done with this method and they look great. Thanks!
  6. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

5/16" thick wall?
    Is this a change this year?
    I recently repaired an exmark roller. I had to drill a hole in the roller and then weld over the hole. This roller was NOT 5/16 thick. In fact, it wasn't even close to 5/16". Looked like schedule 10 to me. Were the old rollers made of thinner material or did you mean 5/32?
  7. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

About 300 bucks....not cheap but worth it's weight in gold
  8. Ricks Z28

Ricks Z28 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I have mowed along with curbs on islands with mine already. The outside tire is completely off the ground and the Striper supports the entire weight of the unit.
  9. Pat Daniels

Pat Daniels LawnSite Member

Maybe they cheapened them up a little. Who knows.
    I bought one at Louisville maybe 3 years ago before Exmark bought the what ever and its held up good.
  10. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

just wondering if anyone at Exmark double checked the roller thickness.

I am curious as to when they started making them out of 5/16"?