1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Striper worth the money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chesterg, Jan 31, 2012.

1. chesterg

chesterg LawnSite Member
    from East,TN

I was wondering if the striper was work the $422 the dealers charge to go on a Turf tiger or not? I've never used one and was thinking about buying 1 when I get my Tiger in next week. Does it help a lot more? or will the mower do pretty good it-self. How would you say the striping ability of the tiger is? 1 to 100, and how is it with the striper on the mower 1 to 100%? Thanks for the info. ya know 4 hundreds a few bucks to me, but if it's that much better I'll bite the bullet. Thanks for all replys or opinions.

2. lawnboylova

lawnboylova LawnSite Member

you can make one for far less

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you like the scenario if yes you got pay the extra bucks :waving:

1aaaaa.jpg

3n13k33mc5Ob5T45R09a458f00aab632c14d8.jpg

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Make sure the deck is set up correctly and it should stripe fine without it. Does it help, sure. It will leave a bolder stripe but you'll also beat the crap out of it. You can't drive up a ramp with it on or jump a curb, go through dips in the lawn. It works great on flat property but is cumbersome and would have to be taken off and put on to get on the trailer each time. Yes, I have one and used it for a few properties but it got old quick putting it on and off each time. I use it on my own place now and that's about it.

5. orangemower

from pa

That last pic is very nice. Wish you had a wider angle to see more.

6. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

$400.00 seems like an awful lot to part with for something I can make and will work just as well. Without the added frustrations as mentioned above.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see why you are having so much trouble? I leave mne down a lot of the time and don't tear it up or have problems at all. Are you using a chain striper or something? I have a Big League Lawns striper.

8. orangemower

from pa

Richard, I have the OEM Scag Tiger striper kit. It's different from the Big League kit you have. It doesn't fold up very far. I'd say maybe 3in or so. Once it goes as far as it can, it binds up and the weight of the mower is on it. I don't have any pics of the kit on the mower or I'd post one.

9. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

strippers are always worth the money

10. shadrach

shadrach LawnSite Member
    from indiana

anybody else misread that as "stripper" the first time?