1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripers??? Chain, Mat, or Rollers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Sep 6, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

im wanting to make a striper for the dixie, im thinking the chain would be the easyiest. just weld chains onto some angle iron and weld the angle iron onto the back of the dixie (by the ball mount hitch). but how well do the chains work for the striping effect? does the rubber mat or rollers work better?
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Get a roller. Thats what works best around here.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I have chains,
  5. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I have tried everywhere I and other people can think of for a roller for my 737 54" 7-iron deck. But........no one no where makes one :cry: . I'm gonna have to breakdown this winter and take on the job myself. Ifin' I'm lucky I might just start makin' em to sell to my dealer. They've tried everywhere also! payup

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have a rubber flap on my 61" Stander........
  7. thetemples

thetemples LawnSite Member

2 thumbs up on the Big League... Wasted my money and time on a home made kit. But then got a Big League on my 36" stander and my stripes are straight and clean...
  8. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Mudflap here.
  9. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a chain set up and it works great but i don't think i like the quality of the stripes as much as the pics i've seen of rollers. The stripes from a roller look more solid.
  10. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the Dixie chain kit, works very well and breaks up plugs when I aerate....but Mark, are you mounting this on a real Dixie or an imaginary one or putting one on your neighbor's equipment as a surprise?