Stripes 2001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, May 12, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Now that a lot of you members have digital cameras, have you taken any pictures this season? This is one of a lawn I cut about 4 weeks ago, it was the second cut and the first cut at the direction the stripes are in this picture. Last fall this customer had all that landscaping in the back right done and they tore this lawn all up, but I got it back in shape fairly good now.
    [​IMG]

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

You should send that into the Scott's picture perfect lawn contest. :p

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

3rd stripe from the left......... at the back end.......I see a bit of a curve..............just kidding eric.

looks great.

jeffyr:eek:

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Eric..................you make me sick!

I have the same mowers but totally different grass. You won't see any stripes in mine like that, heck, you couldn't get our grass to grow that tall.

I'm looking forward to fall already so I can put out some more rye!

5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Oh yeah eric,
    I think jeffyr is right. Look really close and you could probably notice.

LOL

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you look real close...there is a man peeking around the side of a bush near the back. He is very tall.

The stripes look great. I have trouble keeping mine straight on hilly sections as the mower tends to fall in from the gravity.

7. Lawnshark

Lawnshark LawnSite Member

On the stripe that is right next to the flower bed it is green instead of white. This means that the grass would be thrown into the bed, right? Is the chute on the choppers on the left? If not, how does the amazing Eric ELM do it? It may be some digital trick photography-lol. As usual that is the only thing questionable in the lawn and I will probably be made a fool of by your answer. Thanks.:confused:

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

We can't stripe our St. Augustine :'--
    [​IMG]

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You are correct on the colors, dark green is coming back and would throw the clippings in the flower beds, but since OCDC's are standard on the higher end Choppers, you can continue your stripes in odd places that you normally couldn't. The discharge is on the right like most mowers.

10. Jr.

Jr. LawnSite Member

Okay, guys, here's a couple of the lawns I mow. The first two pictures are striped with an eXmark Lazer Z and the last two (same yard) are done with a Scag Turf Tiger. Of course if we had some rain they'd look even better...

Jr.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]