Stripes 2006...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Apr 28, 2006.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a couple of searches and couldn't find one for this year so here it goes.:usflag: :drinkup:

Hvae a good season everyone.

Stripes 06 009.jpg
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

And another one

Stripes 06 008.jpg
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No offense to you sir, but it sickens me that apparently no picture can be used through the computer without having to first touch it up considerably with a photo editor, lest it look like crap!

Here's a simple striped turf of mine and yes it is also edited because it doesn't even look right if it's not, it never does... I used to think Lco's who edited were cheaters, but I can't get a single picture to look like much unless I do something to make it look half right.
    And still it looks 'yellowed' but it was far, far worse before and even thou this was taken during last year's drought, the lawn in the picture is sprinklered and might not have been 100% but from the original picture you would've thought it was dead or dieing lol

I have recently gotten into dual-striping (two intersecting patterns) but so far no pics and man what a ton of work sheesh...
  4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

You might want to work out the focus on the cam mate! haaa:rolleyes:
    Sometime pics just dont come out the way you want!....

See this pic, (Phone cam) (Bermuda/Kykuyu/Other grass's) I thought it good enough to take a pic of last week! I was wearing polorarized eyewear and the cam dont! This lawn actually looked pretty good but the pic is... hmmmm cr@p!

Aussie strippers......:drinkup:

aussie stripper.jpg
  5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I like stripes to a certain degree. A very distinct stripe with a huge contrast in color doesn't look all that good to me. I happened to be watching golf recently, and the course was really striped. I didn't think it looked good at all. Took away from the natural beauty of the course.

JTAYLORLAWN LawnSite Member

Myself I love the stripes! I think it looks great here are some of mine the only editing done on these were making them small enough to upload.

utley's house.JPG

My house.JPG

Mr loudens house.JPG
  7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I couldnt give a hoot about stripes on lawns. If they happen, its purely accidental.
    Saying that, JTaylor, they are some great looking lawns there matey!
    Good stuff!

JTAYLORLAWN LawnSite Member

Thanks ! Some lawns i mow are un- stripable! it wouldnt matter if you took a steam roller across it, Im not obsessed with stripes but if i come to a lawn that stripes well, I'll take advantage of it.
  9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

no offense, but your stripes don't look that good.
  10. SEKscag

SEKscag LawnSite Member

Being able to stripe is ONE of the things that sets a "professional" crew apart from the old man in the lawn tractor. If you are going to strip, take the time to stripe correctly with straight lines. It's raining out and supposed to rain all weekend so I'll work on downloading some pics. I'm FAR from the best, but If I do a fescue lawn (and even some bermuda lawns) I will stripe them and stripe them as straight as possible. I will agree with an earlier post that too much striping can make the property look way to busy. But some gives it a professional, clean look. Just my .02.