Stripes Are For Zebras

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FastMan, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I think you're seeing something that isn't there. I see no scalps anywhere, just some grass clippings laying on the surface at the moment.

2. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

there are indeed some high spots, the way that front is tiered is a real bear of a cut. I often take the trimmer and "feather" the area where each tier dies into the next. Can't throw a horizontal on it because what you don't see is the steep slope on the alley side-shoots straight downhill to the left, believe me, I've tried it.

fine pix 019.jpg

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good man....

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

yeah I don't see any scalp marks either.

maybe clean your monitor???

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Now that's funny.

6. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

If you look real close on one of the pics the one closest to the walkway it does look like when he went up the hill like it scalped some.. it still looks good weather he did or not i think. I got a property like that also going from flat ground to a small steep incline and you gotta use the foot lift or it will scalp like crazy ..
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Definitely.

8. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yeah, i wasnt bashing at all just pointing it out, thats another thing I like about striping, it can hide imperfections better. Looks good either way.

9. Groomer

I think what some of you see as a scalp along the walk is really just a tire line-more or less permanent-from making the same downhill pass everytime I start that section. Another good reason to change up the pattern wherever possible.Like I said, that's a bit of a bear to cut,would be a helluva alot easier without the walk and steps right down the middle.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  10. Groomer

On a side note, I sure wish the weather was like this today!

fine pix 009.jpg