1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripes at Fenway Park

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sethsodsquad, Oct 24, 2004.

1. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Did you guys see the stripes that Fenway Park had during Game 1 of the World Series? I was amazed at the way that the grounds crew did that.

However, the camera shot of the field on TV was too quick for me to see what the design was. Anyone catch it?

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

The outfield are diamonds and the infield is cut with the Red Sox logo in the middle.
  3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

It's the same design they had in the series against the Yanks. They got lucky tonight and tore woody up in the beginning. If the cards win tomorrow, look for a sweep in St. Louis to end it. Cards has not lost a game at home since before post season play.

To be honest, I'm sick of hearing all the talk about american league teams. The Cards had the best team in baseball this year and they are shadowed like they are the under dogs or something. They had the best record out of all teams!
    Lux Lawn likes this.
  4. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

The Soxs in the infield look sweet I wonder how they do that? anyone Know? :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:
  5. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

To be honest, I'm sick of hearing all the talk about the Cards having the best record! Boston played sloppy tonight, and had 4 errors, and your precious Cards STILL could not win. Best record during the season don't mean squat in post season.

6. Soupy

Fare enough. I'm not trying to start a Boston vs Cardinals war here. I was rooting for Boston the whole way during their match against the Yanks. My hat goes off to the Red Sox for coming back and beating the Yanks. That was awsome.

I was just stating the fact that all the national news channels etc. Always focus more attention on american league.

If you want to place a small side bet, just let me know. Either way I think both teams are winners at this point.
  7. Soupy

I went back and read through this thread. My comment did come from left field. It had nothing to do with the thread. I apologize for that. My passion for the game got the best of me.

Now, Let's play ball
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

im pretty sure the sox are painted on with turf paint.
  9. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

We forgive you Soupy! :waving:
  10. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

the sox in the infield looks real nice. i am a yankees fan and hate the red sox.... but there is no way anyway can say boston sucks they whooped our ass fair and square and deserve to win it all even though i dont want them too.
    greasy_gun likes this.