1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripes at Kansas NASCAR Race

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CuttinUP, Oct 1, 2006.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the nice stripes at Kansas Nascar race that is on now. They look like they are about 14 feet wide. Any one have a clue what type of equipment did that? In front of pit road the snake stripes look cool!! Did the Turf Farmer do that? lol:cool2: :cool2:

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they had to brush them in there
    they r cool
  3. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

yes, i like the strips. something new and creative! i try to do something like that in my big lots. get rid of the same old same old.
  4. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

That's pretty cool! What a account THAT would be!!! Imagine the perks.... maybe work some tickets in there... pit passes....
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

They look pretty cool. Definitly a change from the original something something!
  6. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

I took sum pics of them, pic 4 gives a good overall view

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of races I see, both open wheel racing and stock cars, have awesome striping jobs. I've tried to find pics, but never can find any good ones. Indy 500 usually has some really good ones.
  8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The stripes are impressive! But how about Tony Stewart winning on an empty tank!?? Aint too shabby!
  9. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

The Kansas Speedway had their own ground grew. The place use to be mowed w/Toro Turf equipment, probable still is. I think Toro is also used at Indy.

Yes, there is some trading done for equipment in exchange for use of the facilities, tickets, etc
  10. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Their crew is pretty slim through out the year. For two weeks leading up to the race weekend they bust tail to get things ready. My old neighbor knew the head grounds keeper out their. He was putting in 12-14 hour days leading up to race weekend help him out, same with a bunch of other head grounds keepers from other golf courses around town. A few years ago when they did the American flag my neighbor told me it took them 3 days to make it right.