Stripes - do they make kits for my mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikewhit1010, May 1, 2008.

1. mikewhit1010

mikewhit1010 LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Texas so the lawns I do are smaller. I have a few lawns that I would like to put stripes on.

I have a 36" Wright Velkie walk behind and then of course my 21" Toros let me know thanks. I live in Dallas Fort Worth if you know of any places. I wouldnt mind buying on line either.

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

go to Bigleague lawns.com they have strip kits for most of everything.....

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

You are just wasting your money attempting to stripe C4 (warm season)grasses.
    At best it is a temporary visual aide to mowing, after about eighteen hours it is gone.
    Now, mowing over seeded C4 turf with Perennial Ryegrass or Rough Stalk Bluegrass and the effect will last up to three days or so depending upon cultural inputs.
    If you really, really, REALLLLLYYYY want to temporarily stripe C4 turfgrasses, simply go to your nearest Tractor Supply. Buy some of the 4" or 6" bailer belt that is on rolls, bolt it to your deck so no more than 2" drags on a level surface like concrete and you are in business.
    Any more than 2" or so and when you reverse/change directions and the blade may grab the trailing edge of the belt and rip it. That isn't so bad but the smell sticks around for awhile.

4. MJR_63

MJR_63 LawnSite Member