1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripes first attempt..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mrk'sLawn, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

Did these this morning with inventek 22" striper. First time. Having a hard time keeping the lines straight! Any tips from the pros? Besides give up on the Lawn Care biz..:dizzy:

2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

looks good!
  3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

not too shabby. here is what experience and reading ericelm's posts have taught me (some of it anyway):
    focusing on something in the distance and driving/pushing to it helps keep straight.
    when going around an obstacle, go around the uncut side.
    if one falls through an obstacle, after going around uncut side, back up as close to the obstacle as possible on the far side and then continue.
    if you keep trying, small improvements in technique will follow and make everything look picturesque.
    in no way can i duplicate eric's work, he was the master.
  4. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I found no matter how much you focus or try to keep them straight, in the end it just takes some time and practice to get better.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

That looks great already. the smaller the mower the harder it is to keep it "looking" straight. Nice green grass too. Must be nice to have rain:)
  6. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

That looks great!!!
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Not bad at all for a push mower. Focusing on a distant object really only comes into play with a Z or larger WB mower. Good job though.
  8. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

Don't give up, you did a real good job. The only thing I saw was at the landscape island. Most stripers go back over their stripes so that the circle around obstacles aren't visible. Try that I think you'll be more than happy with yourself.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah that looks pretty good, keep doing that and before long you will amaze yourself (which, there isn't much wrong with those unless I nitpick, and you can likely do that with most of my yards as well).
  10. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Eric would have been proud of that, you will get better with practise, well done:clapping: :clapping: :usflag: