Stripes from a airplane!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TooTallLawncare, May 19, 2004.

1. TooTallLawncare

TooTallLawncare LawnSite Member
    from IL

I flew from St. Louis to Charlotte to West Palm Beach last week and could not believe how good stripes look from the air as you are taking off or landing. I have to give you guys props for putting such nice stripes in the lawns. Anybody else ever noticed stripes from a airplane as they were taking off or landing? I would have to say that stripes look great from the ground, but once you get to look at them from an elevated position, they look even better. Just wanted to see what you guys had to say on this since I have nothing better to do since it is raining here.

Jason

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Jason
    Next time fly into bradly in ct, the planes go over my house!

John

990-500.jpg

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I love it! those look sweet!

4. John Gamba

from ct

So that was you who just flew over?? LOLOL
    John

5. TooTallLawncare

TooTallLawncare LawnSite Member
    from IL

Those are some nice looking stripes. I could have seen your stripes from 33,000 feet in the air if I would have flown over your house. I guess in need to plan a trip to CT. :D

Jason

6. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I fly in the Air Force and Im always looking at yards especially the ones I do!

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

How do you get the stripes so deep looking?

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Type of grass (fescue stripes very nicely) and a ton of iron in the fert helps as well to get the darker color...am I right in accessing your lawn JG?

9. John Gamba

from ct

As always Mr Rodfather. Oh the roller helps too:D

John

985-500.jpg

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I hope some of those stripes you saw were mine. One of my properties used to be featured in a local TV commercial that was 'shot' from the air. My property was not the advertiser, just nearby and happened to be filmed also for the commercial. I always enjoyed seeing my work on TV until the commercial changed.