1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stripes in January 07, Tennessee

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jd75760, Jan 10, 2007.

1. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

couple pics of my yard in January 2007 still mowing about twice a month! :clapping: Greenbrier, Tn.

grass in Jan.06 003.jpg

grass in Jan.06 004.jpg

2. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

what kind of fertilizer are you using

3. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

I only use Scotts Turfbuilder and overseed with rye in November. I also use a coreplug type aerator about 3 times per year because of clay soil.

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll bet your neighbors are jealous !!!!:weightlifter: :weightlifter:

5. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

wow that looks really good! this year will be my first year for winter seed, i hope it looks anything like that!

6. surgeon83

surgeon83 LawnSite Member

Looks better than my lawn in Galveston, TX! All you need to do now is plant some cold-hardy palms and other trees like southern magnolias that hold onto their leaves year-round.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like you're doing alot better than your neighbor across the street. It looks as if they have some SERIOUS issues. Can't tell from the distance (without seeing it right up close), but it looks like a bad case of pythium blight or brown patch, or something.

8. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

Thank's for the compliment's. I just bought this house last spring and had to replace the lawn and all the landscaping. All it had was weeds and cheap bushes in front of house. I dug it all up and replaced with my design. I have low voltage lighting all the way around the house that really makes the house stand out at night. I'm having a friend thats in photography come and take some pictures at night that i will post later. I had to sell my mowing equipment this fall because of back injury but I still love working outdoors. Thinking about going back to school at 47 to get degree in horticulture. Any sugestions. Would like to have my own landscape crew in near future and stay in this business somehow.

9. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

LOL My neighbors and 90% of all the yard's in neighborhood are bermudda

10. SOSINC

SOSINC LawnSite Member

That some nice green grass you got there.

So how often and how tall are you mowing it at?