stripes look unnatural

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by casey, May 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casey

casey Guest

I guess stripes in lawns the size that some of you guys do looks ok but does anyone think a consistant color looks more natural?
    I take the back flaps off all my mowers and alternate cutting patterns every week. Gives it a natural look.
    Plus I don't like to mow straight lines on smaller res., with all the beds, trees, walks, ect. it would take too much time.
    You might be surprised how little customers appreciate the quality work you do.
    I've cut back trimming time at least 5 min. at most of my lawns and become less picky about what is acceptable.
    3 minor complaints out of 150+lawns.
    Some monster mansion lawns excepted.
    Those people like to show off.

2. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

I call it pride in your work. Some of my customers dont care either way. but i still make their yard look as nice as possible. My name is on the truck

3. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I agree.I get alot of compliments on my lawns.I think you should try your best each time out.I think it pays off in the long run.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

IF THATSUITS YOUR CUSTOMERS THATS PAR WITH ME
    I THINK WELL DONE STRIPES ARE REAL NICE.
    I ALSO LIKE A SMOOTH LAWN CUT PROPERLY WITH NO SIGHN THE
    MOWER WAS THERE EXCEPT THAT ITS CUT

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I've never had any complaints about my lawns and my lesco unit stripes very nicely.

I suppose if I did get a complaint, then depending on who it was, I could mow in a clockwise rotation around the lot and that would eliminate the light dark contrast that makes the stripe.

tell us casey, are those back flaps you are talking about on the back of a murray push mower?

GEO

6. casey

casey Guest

No that's LB Commercials and Exmark 36 TTHP. I'll leave the Murray push to you.
    I think what customers really want is reliability and a reasonable price.
    You're not performing brain surgery.

7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

whether it takes me 5 mins. more to cut a lawn with strips or just go in circles i will take the extra 5mins and make that lawn look the best on the street with the strips i lay down. its well worth it. lay the stripes

8. casey

casey Guest

Who says it looks better with stripes?
    I think it looks better without.
    More natural

9. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I had a neighbor tell me that she could see my stripes back in the winter when the grass was dead.It made me feel good all over.

10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

QUANITY NOT QUALITY TO EACH THEIR OWN OPINION ON HOW TO OPERATE THEIR BUSINESS. Need I say any more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.