Stripes!--Oh Yeah!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony Harrell, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I put the eXmark flap on my Bob-Cat walkbehind and boy does it stripe! It's only about $17 but takes a while to ship. There's a 1/4 inch round thing molded in the bottom so I bought 1/4 threaded rod, put it in my drill and ZIP, ZIP it has some weight on the bottom. A lot less cumbersome than chains and won't wear or break the turf. Probably not as long lasting as rollers, but we'll see. There's two different flaps, one for gear drive (which I have) and one for hydros. If you love to stripe, you've just got to try this.

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

any pics or a website?

3. Tony Harrell

Just look at the eXmark brochure, it has a picture of it. That's where I got the idea. If I get time this evening, I'll take my camcorder (vhs) out to the garage and get a pic for you. As far as pics of the stripes, I don't think they'll show up real good right now because of the dry conditions and the low resolution of my vhs. I can tell the difference though and can't wait for the rain we're supposed to get this week and the results of it (next week). I'm striping a weed, clover infested yard that's suffering from drought. I have my blades set on 3.5 and just knock of the tops of the weeds right now. Even with all of the above, it stripes the yard and after I reseed the yard next month, it will look great come spring time. Even though I use WebTv, I can post pics using rca jacks, here's a sample from television.

picture.jpeg

4. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Put a line-trimmer in his hand .

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

OK...you asked for it!

[​IMG]

:D

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Whatcha' doin'? Shoin' off the rain yer gettin' in Noth Kackalacki?

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Striping is not a big deal in my part of the country - They want angle mowing in different directions every time you mow and in fact if it were possible they would not like you to run over a piece of grass twice. Here is the Flex-Deck on a 36" Viking eXmark - tell me where the Flex-deck Mowed and where the main deck mowed
    [​IMG]

36x-angle mowing2.jpg

8. Tony Harrell

The sky split open for a short while monday. Scattered showers since. It's been so overcast, I've had to use the headlights on my truck for most of the day yesterday. Also, it's been to dark to take any kind of picture of the flap. I just have an old vhs camera and sunlight is the best light to get any kind of detail at all. Flex-Deck, that attachment on your eXmark would look really trick if it matched the red of the mower. As far as the stripes go, I was wondering the other day about someone who might not like the stripes. The only thing I could think to do would be mow in the same direction.

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Tony - first of all there are no stripes showing - the grass on this neighbors yard is more like weeds, and second of all if it was red you may not have noticed it was a Flex-Deck instead of an eXmark. We always try to get a color that is very different to show that it is a very different deal:blob3:

Thanks, Brad
    [​IMG]

36x-between post.jpg

10. Tony Harrell

I wasn't commenting on anything in your picture except the color of your product. I can see your point in wanting it to stand out, but I'd prefer it to match my mower if I had one.